Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So this blog started as a way for me to keep a diary of all my cooking explorations.  In reality, it was a food diary in which I was taking photographs of the food I ate and then describing how I made them.  I didn't like that set-up because it was really lame and nothing that people haven't seen before so I changed it.  However, I still have all those photographs and have decided to share some of those on here as well.

This was my second meal (before)
that I made for myself.
And this was that same meal after.
It was very delicious!
This is my attempt at french cooking that I made with my dad.  We did Sea Scallops with an Avocado Hollandaise sauce.  The recipe for the sauce is included:

Avocado Hollandaise Sauce
3 each Large Egg Yolks
1/8 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
3 tbls. Warm Water
½ Lemon, juiced
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp. Ground White Pepper
6 oz. Unsalted Butter (1½ Sticks), melted
½ ripe Avocado, pureed
The final product of our scallops .
1) In a Stainless Steel mixing bowl, combine yolks, Tabasco, Water,
Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper; whisk together.
2) Whisk continuously over a pan of steaming water until mixture thickens
and lightens in color (be careful not to get mixture too hot or eggs will
scramble.
3) When mixture reaches desired consistency, slowly add warm butter
while whisking. If sauce seems too thick, adjust with a bit of warm
water.
4) Whisk in avocado.
5) Taste and adjust seasoning. Cover and keep warm until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment